Wednesday, March 9, 2011

I almost got hit by a bus.

I almost got hit by a bus.
What a fuss it was.
I crossed the street when the man turned green
But I turned around to see a big machine.

My eyes grew big
My heart skipped a beat
My whole body shook
way down to my feet.

Stunned at first and then pretty pissed,
I looked the driver square in the eye as I raised my left fist!

Proud of my Argentine like reaction,
I stood my ground with pure satisfaction.

He looked at me with a grin on his face
& threw up an "ok" sign, with a fake smile of grace.

I walked right out of that intersection,
my mind contemplating that man´s intention.

Nervous giggles escaped
I felt weak at the knee
Perspiration collected
And I had to go pee.

Such a quick moment
Almost dead and then not.
The value of life hit me
Right on the dot.

This crazy thing that came from somewhere
Was given to me and said "Handle with care."

One day it will be taken back
maybe by nature, or by a bus attack.

Never knowing when that day will arrive
means that right NOW is the time to be alive!

So get out your to-do list
and start some action!
Live the life you dream
and Love with passion!

You truly are incredible!
The only one like you around!
Gruesome but true, one day you will too,
be 6 feet underground.

Now that may be a little too visual
and dark words are not my usual,
but I hope they do motivate
you to live with out hate
walk wthout weight
ask her on a date
never regret what you ate
be true and communicate
live your life in a silver state
and....
welcome the evercoming change of state.

That is all for now my sweet dear friend.
I´m thrilled to say this is not the end!

I´m off to drink wine, but again we shall meet.
Remember to look both ways
before crossing the street.

toodles.

3 comments:

  1. I love this so so soooo much!!!!! I miss this!
    You are a rhyming machine. Thanks for sharing. :))) loveeee you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank YOU for Sharing :) LlIoNvAe

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have an awesome gift for rhyme that hits true to home...and returns us all to center! Thank you for sharing and keep your senses aware on all levels!! Sending you island love and visions of lupine, wild sweet peas and mariposa lilies...be blessed dear heart! love allways around you

    ReplyDelete